Monday, February 4, 2013

Philly has been at the shelter in PA over a year! needs home!

Here are pics of me!http://www.flickr.com/photos/75879716@N07/sets/72157632078661135/

Well hello there! My name is Philly (A16040633) and like my name I’m a resident in the city of brotherly love. Technically I’m in the city’s shelter but I’m making the best of my time here. I get meals and attention from the volunteers which is nice. I’m a 5-10 year old male shepherd mix weighing about 82 pounds. While not in my kennel you can find me walking nicely outside or playing with toys! I liked my toys so much that I didn’t want to give them up. Yes, I do need to learn to share. Did I tell you that I know “sit” and “paw?” Yup! I do! If I can learn those commands just think of what else you could teach me!

I was good with all my body handling tests and haven’t shown any food issues. I met some cats here and wasn’t too interested in them but please let the staff know if you have cats at home. I also met dogs here and I feel like I’d do best with a calm female. If you have any resident dogs at home please bring them to meet me. If I sound like a good fit for your family come on down and ask for Philly!

This dog is available at the Pennsylvania SPCA located at 350 E. Erie Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19134. Adoption Center hours are 1PM-8PM Monday through Friday and 10AM-5PM Saturday & Sunday.

If you are interested in learning more about a dog contact us atPSPCAErie@yahoo.com.

You may also contact the shelter directly. However, due to high call/email volume, you may experience a delay in response. Call the shelter at 215-426-6304 ext 244 or email adoptions@pspca.org