Monday, February 25, 2013

Juno, a blind akita/heeler mix needs new foster or permanent home - Liverty MO




Contact Brenda at: 816-781-0947 oremail: A2thfaire2@aol.com 

I am looking for a long term foster, or a permanent home for Juno, who's owner is homeless. She is with me, but it is getting increasing difficult to foster with my dog aggressive dog, and my husband who hates dogs. Come spring, I know he will force me to take her to the pound, if I haven't found someone.
 She is scheduled to remove her left eye on Tuesday Feb. 26th, 2013.  I have a meet and greet for a foster home in Topeka, KS after she heals from the surgery.  This woman has a male Lab, and a female Shiba Inu.  I can't count that this would work, so I am trying to get a plan B.  
 Juno wants so badly to bond with me, but my dog won't let her get close, and she doesn't want him close to me either, so I have to keep them apart.  They are good in the yard together on potty breaks.  My dog has almost always allowed a foster dog to be in his yard and even wants to play, but inside the house is different.
 Juno is about 4 yrs. old.  She went blind 1 1/2 years ago.  Her owner has moved her around quite a bit, and the last move was from FL to my house.  She doesn't like to ride in cars now. She is afraid the ride won't end.  They didn't have enough money to get motels, and he only had one seat in his truck.....so it was really hard on the both of them.  She weighs 65 lbs., but needs to lose some weight.  She is totally vetted, and even has a micro chip.  She is currently located in Liberty, MO