Sunday, June 30, 2013

Boone NC Faedra is a sweet and small senior female beagle needs rescue or home!

Can anyone help this little girl. Please network if you can not. If you can contact: Rebecca Darby darbyre@email.appstate.edu Maddy My name is Rebecca Darby and I am currently a junior at Appalachian State University. I am emailing you because I am very concerned for one sweet little dog at the Watauga Humane Society and was hoping you all would be willing to help me. Her name is Faidre (pronounced Fehdra), and she is a sweet, patient, smart, loving little girl, who has the funniest facial expressions and adores attention. Shes laid back and is easily the quietest little beagle I've ever seen (of the 7 or 8 times I've met her I've only heard her bark once.) She is in the same kennel as a little spastic dog named Chelsea who nips and bumps into Faidre all the time and it does not even phase this adorable girl. My concern is this; unfortunately, the Watauga Humane Society is a shelter that puts dogs down if they run out of room. As I'm sure you know, older dogs and dogs with health and behavior problems are the first ones that get put down. Miss Faidre is eleven years old and I'm so concerned that she will be put to sleep very soon. This idea breaks my heart, because this dog is very healthy and loves to be with people. She has plenty of spunky-ness left in her and can keep up with her hyper kennel-mate Chelsea. After looking for no kill shelters in North Carolina, I found that you all are an organization that does not put animals down. I was hoping you guys would be able to help me out in some way be it taking this sweet girl in, or spreading her name around, to see if anyone would adopt her. I would love to adopt this wonderful girl, but my dog in Cary is very dog aggressive, and in Boone, I do not have the money to take care of such a great pet. I can't watch this sweet girl get put down and I was hoping you guys could help me out! I hope to hear from you soon and thank you in advance for your time and attention. I can not tell you how much this means to me. Below is a picture of Faidre if you guys would want to spread her name if you don't have room for her or don't want to take her due to her age. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon! Sincerely, Rebecca Darby