Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Senior Dogs Who Need Homes or Rescue at Burlington Co. Animal Shelter Mt Holly NJ

CONTACT jrichardson@co.burlington.nj.us at Burlington County Animal Shelter if you are interested in any of these older dogs!
D-46333 Tyson**Pooch with Perks** German Shepherd Dog/Welsh Corgi Mix: I am six years old and weigh 65.7 lbs. I am a very interesting mix of German Shepherd and corgi (probably!) My former owner fell upon hard times and could no longer afford to take care of me. They said I am good with children and babies and I like cats too but, I'm not so sure about dogs. I would probably be fine with another polite, well-balanced dog. I have had formal training, am housebroken and leash trained. I am a very smart dog. I also walk very nicely on the leash (that's what the volunteers said to tell you) I also have the biggest, cutest ears you've ever seen!
D-46726 Summer**Pooch with Perks** Boxer Mix: Summer- like so many other pets, her owner lost their job and apartment and could not take her. Summer is around 8 years old and weighs 67 lbs. Her former owner says she likes treats (obviously!), good with kids, dogs and cats and is housebroken. Summer has such a sad look on her face, but she is very sweet and sits when you ask her to. She has become a favorite of our volunteers who are very complimentary of her quiet gentle nature. She even tolerated a bath recently! Please consider giving this older girl a loving home where she will no longer have a sad look on her face. Summer is a member of our Pooch With Perks Program! When you adopt, you will receive a Doggie Goodie Bag donated by the Friends of Burlington County Animal Shelter!
D-46734 Princess American Staffordshire Terrier: Would you like to meet a sweet, friendly dog, who walks nicely and is a victim of the economy? Well princess is the one. She was surrendered along with her housemate Bear (D-46735) when their owner moved and couldn't take them along. They want you to know that Princess is good with kids, but no cats for her, and at 8 years old (and 62 lbs) misses being in a home. Please come meet Princess and consider making her part of your family. sorry no cats!
MEET BUDDY ID# D47175 - Can you be a "buddy " to handsome Buddy? Buddy may be a senior fellow, around 11 years old, and he may be a little chunky (54 lbs)f but he has a heart of gold. Buddy's former owner could no longer take care of him but just check out these great qualities Buddy has; according to his former owner, Buddy likes to eat and sleep and he does like to chase "critters" in the yard. He walked wonderfully on leash , knows sit, was friendly to everyone and he does like to put his nose to the ground and check things out. Even though Buddy is on the older side, he will make a wonderful family addition and shouldn't have to spend his "mature" years in a shelter.
SWEETNESS D-47059 Sweetness Black Labrador Retriever: Hi everyone- I am a well behaved beautiful black 86lb Lab and am around 6 years old. Some nice people found and took care of me but they can no longer keep me. I have a greying muzzle and toes and was wearing a red collar when I was picked up. I have a big heart- the volunteers call me "Sweetness". I have a lovable nature and loves to be around people. Even though I am a strong dog, I am well behaved. Come visit Sweetness and spend some time with him in the yard- he would love to meet you. Please consider making him part of your family.
D-47284 Buddy -Beagle Mix: Buddy is a sweet, adorable older adult dog. He is 7 years old and weighs 41 lbs. Buddy is an easy walker and would make a great companion for a quieter family. His former owner moved and could not take him along. They said Buddy is crate trained. Buddy had just been surrendered when we took him for a walk and pictures so he was a little cautious but when he got outside, the sniffing began! Buddy is truly a gentle dog and would love to be in a forever home.
MILLIE - D47314 - Little Millie is a 12 yr old cocker spaniel. She weighs 24 lbs. This old girl needs a house without small children. She just needs a calm place to relax with people who will love her. She is already house trained. Millie is very sweet and gets along well with adults.