Sunday, January 8, 2012

URGENT home or rescue needed for senior emaciated JINDO found on street in brookly ny


I rescued Benjamin, a very old, very good-natured dog from traffic last wednesday - I found him wandering in between cars on Foster Ave near my house. He was very emaciated and confused, and I thought perhaps he had been hit by a car. I took him to the vet at the Humane Society clinic in midtown and they did bloodwork and ran a stool sample. The results are back and normal, no parasites, and he's negative for heart worm. The vet who saw him said his hind leg weakness was more likely from old-age, athritis, and/or malnutrition. He weighs 36 lbs, as of wednesday, but his ideal weight is probably more like at least 50.  He had no micro  I don't think anyone had been taking care of him for a long time. He's very sweet and good-natured with people and so far as I have seen other dogs as well. He is intact, according to the vet neutering will be a possibility if he's able to achieve a more healthy weight. I can only keep him short term and am seeking an adopter or a rescue organization willing to take him.  He might be around 12, but that is a guess.
If you are interested in adopting or rescuing benjamin, please email joansdogs@aol.com from Senior Pets NYC and you will be put in touch with his caretaker.