Friday, October 21, 2011

Two lovely female senior beagles need home or rescue!!! age 13 1/2 years old!!!

 I have two old friends who I was hoping to potentially place into rescue. Harley and Courtney are 13 1/2 years old and were originally brought into the shelter in 2010 because their owners were having financial problems. They were adopted together and brought back the first time because of financial issues again. Again, they were adopted together and brought back because the owners were moving and unable to take them. These girls are up for adoption but are unfortunately not "highly adoptable in a shelter environment. Courtney seems to be in good health other than a slight heart murmur that is normal for friends this age. Harley possibly has cushings but we have not tested her for it as of now. Both girls are on joint supplements because of their age. They are both very sweet and enjoy attention but are also content to do their own thing, typical beagles even in their old age! I am not sure if you can help me with these friends of if you know of someone who can. I do not have any contacts for a senior dog rescue. I am really hoping I can find rescue placement that will help these girls spend their last days/months/years together. Unfortunately, as a shelter they could be separated. Please let me know if you or someone you know may be able to help. Please contact me if you have any questions! contact email is:  amandaking911@gmail.com