Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Preston, senior cat who is blind and declawed needs home or rescue - location CT

ARA PROJECT SAVE-A-CAT in Cos Cob, CT

I live in a world of pitch-black darkness and had my claws taken from me. I had a family once, but was discarded outside in a rural area. I struggled and survived several terrifying weeks outside before a kind rescuer took me to a cat sanctuary in Greenwich. I am grateful to be safe, well-fed and receiving lots of TLC.

However, I’m sad and getting very frustrated. Because I am so vulnerable, I startle easily. Being around so many other cats is stressful. Two months have passed, and not a single person has shown interest in taking me home . I think I would be very comfortable in a small and quiet home, with a patient human to call my own. I was scrawny, with matted fur – now I look great (if I may say so myself). I am healthy, tested FIV/FELV negative, current on vaccinations, and neutered. The nice veterinarian suggested that I be given K-D food to make sure that my kidneys stay healthy. I'm about 9-10 years old and would love to be cherished for my remaining years in a real home. If given the chance, I promise to be a wonderful, loving, and loyal companion! If you are interested in opening your heart and home to me, please e-mail Natalie at atia2@optonline.net . Adoption application/agreement and home check are required to insure my safety. Purrs and gratitude - Preston